Here we go.

30 May 2009

I loved reading Archie comics as a youngster. My grandmother would pick me up several issues whenever I visited. Obviously she knew how to keep me quiet and occupied for a solid hour. Too, she would tell me how dad enjoyed reading them when he was a kid. I think that was something we both liked. Anyway, imagine the shock and horror I felt when I found out that Archie is (finally?) choosing Veronica over Betty for marriage! B-b-but she's so MEAN! And snobby! And it stinks of "rich girls always get their way", don't you think? A part of me is like, "Awww, poor Betty." But then again, she can do so much better. Hi, female mechanic on duty! Despite her badassness, I'm still disgusted & disappointed.

All weekend plans have been derailed by allergies.  I feel terrible.  I could honestly use a stack of Archie comics now.  I took (awful) medication to clear the congestion, but it's just making me feel some kind of crazy.  All of my will and energy is gone.  I can't even get excited by the fact that I got new glasses yesterday.  

Aren't they rad?  

4 comments:

Alannah said...

Formidable glasses there. Excellent.

Have you ever tried taking Quercetin for allergies?

AMD & KMHD said...

Alannah, I've never heard of it! Wiki-ing it did not help, either. Where do you get it? What form does it come in?

Alannah said...

Is this the article you read? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin

It's not all that informative. I've heard that it's a good natural treatment. Quercetin comes in capsules...you can buy them in the supplement section of health food stores, maybe even grocery stores.

kmhd said...

Girl, I love your glasses. I can't wait to see you in them. I haven't seen you since Chinese food at the space, huh? Don't.like.

Blog Archive